Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I'm a bit looney and the tales of the Deus build off

So i've officially entered the Deus Ex Machina boundless enthusiasm build off for 2013. It is oct 26th. Holy shit I have so much work to do on this sucker. But I'm determined to give it my best shot. This can't be done without great family and friends. It will literally take everything I have time wise to get it done and the bar is set high and the budget is about non existent ,  Which is the name of the game. If any of you are feeling ambitious  and wanna lend a hand or have suggestions for a place to stay in Venice I'm all ears. Wish me luck and follow along I will try to keep the updates coming when I have a free second or two to post. 
Finishing up the welding on the tail
preparing a rolled edge for the front area
Tore the bike down to start the detabbing and smoothing of the rear section of the frame
Weld, grind, file, sand and repeat. A lot!
getting there. Only 150 more repetitions to go

mocked it up and started fabbing the number plates and mounts, made and mounted a splash gaurd out of n old junk fender fits in nice and tight.
The original headlight ears mounted the light about 6 feet in front of the bike. Not quite what I picture for this little cutie. So a pair of handmade ears are in order. this brings the Bates style light right in where I want it.
and an old sealed beam takes the place of the previous H4 conversion light I tried out. the lens just didn't really toot my horn. This is more of what I had in mind. Sometimes it is the littlest details that make all of the difference in the finished product.
Alright Lets put this Custom shop to bed. Untill next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment