Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I don't do "hurt"

So here I sit. On a pad of ice with what feels like a civil war battle happening on opposite sides of my spine. As if the left and right side of my back have decided that they can no longer operate as one united entity any longer. The left side is kicking the right sides ass. More little nerve soldiers are dying a slow death on that side. I have a severe gangster lean to the right and I can't walk very well. 
     I haven't been to work since last Friday and I'm freaking out just sitting here helpless. I truly don't see how any individual can just sit around all day and waste time weather it be video games or social media or the regular couch potato. Seriously if you are an able body get out and enjoy this amazing world we live in. Go for a hike. Talk with your neighbors, explore something new, try a new coffee joint, travel a mile or two and lay in a park and stare at the clouds. Call a family member and go hangout. Play a game with your family, work on that neglected project or start a new hobby. Seriously go do something. I don't take life for granted and this is why. As I sit here virtually unable to do any of these mentioned activities and more I am thankful to an indescribable amount that on an average unhurt day I grab life by the scruff and hop on for a ride I won't soon forget. 
     On a very positive note. I have been able to see my kiddos after the first few days of school and spend some time watching them play. Also I have had a moment to catch up on some less exciting non physical type work as well as do a lot of research and inspire myself to try harder and push tue limits even further. 
     It is also now that I want to thank my family for the help and support I have had these past couple days. And to my 4 year old sweet little girl for helping daddy get his underwears on. Pphhhheeewww. 

And here is the straw that broke this camels back. From all the dumb stuff I do to my body building this stupid bench is what knocked 7 vertebrae out of wack. Oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment